We support and advocate for improved investment and employment within the City, as well as undertake strategy development, events approval & promotion, business support and advocacy & partnership development.
We develop long term strategies that support and encourage investment and jobs growth.
A recent example includes the Destination Management Plan.
Events approval & promotion
Events and festivals deliver both social and economic benefits for our local community.
- Go to Festivals and events for an overview
- See Organising Festivals & events
- See a Calendar of Events
- See Filming in the Blue Mountains
We help our small and emerging businesses to navigate through Council regulations and link to useful websites that offer support. Other projects in this area include:
- Regular shop vacancy audits of key town centres
- Katoomba Live & Local 2018
- Council’s participation in the Small Business Friendly Council program, and
- Support for small and emerging businesses.
- Free Business trainings offered quarterly in either Springwood or Katoomba. To see the current program please see Training for Small Business.
- NSW Government Prepare for Disaster Business Toolkit
Advocacy & partnership development
We can help generate significant investment opportunities or infrastructure development.
This includes partnering with State and Federal Governments, or working with the private sector.
Some ongoing partnerships include our work with:
- Blue Mountains Economic Enterprise (BMEE)
- Small Business Friendly Council program
- the Regional Strategic Alliance Tourism Program, and
- Coordination of the Destination Management Plan Industry Reference Group, established to implement the plan.
We support economic development through our funding of BMEE, which was formed in 2012 to stimulate economic development through advocacy, investment and job creation.