Applications for approval can be requested and paid for online.
To access online services you will need to register. Confirmation will be sent within two working days that your account has been activated.
- Resolution suitable for printing (min. 300dpi) and not encrypted or password secured.
- Documents must not include embedded attachments.
- Plans must be to scale and be in PDF format.
- Title to reflect content of the document or plan. For example, Statement of Environmental Effects, Site Plan, Floor Plan, etc.
In some cases, credit card payment is requested as part of the elodgement process. If not, an invoice is generally sent within two business days. Methods of payment are detailed on the invoice.
Information collected on lodgement of development-related applications is published online. This includes copies of plans and supporting documents.
To protect individual privacy the following is generally obscured where found:
- Personal contact details.
- Personal financial information.
- Photos depicting people.
- Internal floor plans of residential development.
- Personal health and medical information.
- Commercial information, if likely to prejudice the commercial position of the person who supplied it or reveal a trade secret.
The contents of the website are subject to copyright and are protected by laws in Australia and other countries through international treaties.
During the planning and assessment phase an applicant (not being the copyright owner) is taken to have indemnified all persons using the development application in accordance with the NSW Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, against any claim or action in respect of breach of copyright.