Celebrating community achievement
Blue Mountains City Council is proud to support community achievement by sponsoring the 2019 NSW / ACT Regional Achievement and Community Awards.
The awards, honouring success in communities across NSW and the ACT, will be presented at a gala dinner in the Blue Mountains on 8 November 2019.
Blue Mountains Mayor, Cr Mark Greenhill, said: “We are proud to sponsor awards that recognise the hard work of local individuals, volunteers, community groups and businesses in our region.
“Partnering with the Regional Achievement and Community Awards provides an opportunity to share inspirational stories and honour the work of unsung heroes that might otherwise go unnoticed.
“The awards will also showcase our beautiful region.”
Nominations for the awards close on 31 July 2019. Award categories are:
- Connecting Communities Award: Recognises grass-roots, ‘real life’ initiatives led by local community groups or not-for-profits that demonstrate genuine involvement, long-term value and add to the life of their community.
- Customer Service Award: Recognises individuals who provide customer service excellence, best practice and innovative thinking. It may also be someone who is implementing customer service strategies which are integral to business success.
- Small Business Achievement Award: Acknowledges the successes and achievements of small businesses, while also recognising their community contributions.
- Leadership Award: Acknowledges role models who pave the way for others to follow. These individuals are at the forefront of community contribution in their field of endeavour. They may have overcome significant adversity to achieve excellent outcomes or they may have pioneered significant changes that have altered the way people perform for the better.
- Employer Excellence in Aged Care Award: Recognises businesses, organisations and not-for-profits that have a strong focus on staff engagement, safety and wellbeing, training and learning opportunities, as well as providing quality services for clients, patients and residents.
- Crown Land Manager Excellence Award: Recognises a Crown Land Manager (an entity) that exemplifies outstanding community service ethos, dedication and commitment to their communities.
- Crown Land Management Award: Recognises an individual volunteer involved in the management of Crown Land who exemplifies outstanding community service ethos, dedication and commitment to their communities.
- Agricultural Innovation Award: Showcases the spirit of innovation through the application of technology or process improvement to enhance production and increase efficiency, maximising returns along the value chain, particularly where that value flows back to the primary producer.
For more information and to nominate or refer someone for one of these awards, go to the awards website.