This section provides information for businesses, and links to information and support available, following bush fires and during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Impact of COVID-19 on the local economy
- Council has a new survey to measure the impact of COVID-19 on our economy, to assist us in demonstrating the level of assistance we require to State and Federal governments. The survey takes 20-30 mins. Please complete via this link to help us identify your needs
- Service NSW is a good one-stop shop for accessing information on support (including information on Federal assistance). Service NSW has a 24/7 operation to support the State’s response to COVID-19. Call Service NSW on 13 77 88 or visit the Service NSW COVID19 support webpage.
- The ATO and Treasury websites also offer good information on Federal initiatives. The ATO have an Emergency info line on 1800 806 218 and Treasury has detailed information for business, and help for families and individuals available on the website Treasury's Coronaviru webpage. More information is also available on the Support for businesses in Australia website.
- Read the Business Council of Australia: Support available for NSW businesses document.
- Blue Mountains City Council is waiving rents for all tenants in Council buildings under commercial agreements for as long as needed, during the COVID-19 crisis. Find out how Council is supporting the Blue Mountains community.
Assistance with rental negotiations
The Blackheath Chamber of Commerce, Leura Village Association and Katoomba Chamber of Commerce have worked together to write a form letter which businesses may use for approaching their landlord. It is an easy-to-use template in a Word document and can be amended to suit your business and situation. You can contact the Council's Economic Development Team or one of the organisations listed above to get a copy.
- Find out more about asking for rent reductions
- Visit the NSW Small Business Commission website for more information.
Mental health and wellbeing
If you or your staff are distressed and need wellbeing support please visit the Beyond Blue website for information.
Alternatively, you can contact the Small Business Bush fire Financial Counselling Support Line for support on 1800 413 828.
Council is also here to support you. Contact Council if you would like to speak to a team member about these support services.