Careers with Council
A phenomenal 86% of our staff members call the Blue Mountains home. As such, we are committed to fostering the performance and development of our staff through a variety of unique initiatives.
Take this opportunity to kick start your career and earn while you learn! You will be given the opportunity to learn new skills, gain a nationally recognised qualification and be mentored by long standing Council employees serving the local community.
You will need Adobe (Acrobat or Reader) to complete the fillable PDF Forms.
Click here to get the latest version.
To use the PDF fillable forms, on PC or MAC:
- Open the form in Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader. This means you may need to save it to you desktop, right click > open with > Adobe (Acrobat or Reader). All fillable fields and signature box will be active and be able to be completed.
- If you open the form in a new tab in your internet browser – STOP. You will not be able to fill in the PDF form correctly and we may NOT be able to see any information you have entered. You will most likely be unable to sign the form as well, in this mode.
- Click to get information on how to set up an electronic signature for PDF documents
Experience career and lifestyle at its best, all within the beauty of a World Heritage National Park.
Blue Mountains Council Cadets, Apprentices and Traineeship (CATs) Program will commence in early 2022. Take this opportunity to kick start your career and earn while you learn!
You will be given the opportunity to learn new skills, gain a qualification and be mentored by long standing Council employees serving the local community
Cadetships, apprenticeships and traineeships are available in the following areas:
• Cadet Development Engineer (V21/5304) Position Description
• Cadet Environmental Health & Building Surveyor (V21/5305) Position Description
• Cadet Environmental – Healthy Waterways (V21/5306) Position Description
• Cadet Strategic Accountant (V21/5313) Position Description
• Apprentice Civil Construction (V21/5307) Position Description
• Apprentice Fabricator (V21/5308) Position Description
• Apprentice Sign Writer (V21/5309) Position Description
• Trainee Business Administration (ATSI identified) (V21/5310) Position Description
The closing date for applications has been extended to 24 October, 2021.